Photobucket

Philly Associators

Pictures of your latest projects

Philly Associators

Postby nevinsrip » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:19 am

Mounted Philly Associators slog their way down a rain swollen road.
I wanted something different for my Philly Troop and decided on a muddy road scenerio. These are the results.
This was a very difficult project. It required patience, which is something I am generally in short supply of. There was a lot of overnight drying and touching up. And more touching up. And even more touching up, until it looked right to me.
The bases are resin castings of roads and rivers, made by a guy on TMP, who's name I cannot recall.
The figures are stock Perry castings, painted by the talented Pep Dominguez. The flag is GMB. All of the terrain work was done by me. I took a lot of pix because there are 3 separate pieces. 
It's not easy to get "mud" to look right. A lot of hours went into these pieces. I'm satisfied with them.

nevinsrip
Private
Private

Re: Philly Associators

Postby subedai » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Look really good. Just out of interest, do the bases fit together next to e3ach other in line rather than just in column?
subedai
Lieutenant

Postby nevinsrip » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:17 pm

No, they are just meant to go end to end. There is another section that I did not use in this project.
Two of the sections are for roads and two for rivers. I just used them together and smeared modelling paste over where the horses bases were.
nevinsrip
Private
Private

No, they are just meant to go end to end. There is another section that I did not use in this project.
Two of the sections are for roads and two for rivers. I just used them together and smeared modelling paste over where the horses bases were.
nevinsrip
Private
Private

nevinsrip
Private
Private

Postby Etranger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:30 am

You've certainly captured the muddy look nicely!
"Just an excitable boy..."
Etranger
Major

Return to Gallery