Photobucket

Leipzig refight at RTB's back in June 2013

Pictures of your latest projects

Leipzig refight at RTB's back in June 2013

Postby Jeff » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Jeffski wrote:Hi all,
Yesterday, five of us (RTB, Daryl, A mate of mine from Belgium, Will - WDP on this forum, who also came all the way from Brugge, and myself) had a rather big game involving 2800 28mm in a scenario based on the second day of the Battle of Leipzig. It was huge fun and thanks a million to RTB for organising the game. We went to bed at 4am!
We needed another day to finish the battle. This morning, it was still undecided. Here are some pics.

The table with the ever cheerful WDP

RTB and his wonderful Poles

French centre and right. That brigade of cavalry with Ney at its head was going to rout following a long range Prussian artillery fire...and some appalling dice throws on my behalf (double 1)...which led to Ney fleeing the battlefield in disgrace...he was shot the morning after as you will see later on.

The whole French line

The nasty allies. Daryl and I played the French, RTB was umpire and Austrian, WDP had the Prussians, and Didier the Russians

RTB's Murawski Figurines

Initial moves: WDP's Prussians try to occupy ridge at the centre of the table. Jeffski's French were too slow (essentially because he misread the movement allowance for two turns...used cms instead of inches...that is how bright he is)

The Poles move towards the Russians on the left.

The French right advance slowly...very slowly towards the Prussian left (bloody imperial, why don't we just all go metric!!!!)

WDP's Uhlans contact a battery of horse artillery in the centre

A whole division of cuirassiers and carabiniers join the fray!

On the French left, Poles and Russians were engaged in vicious assault and counter-assault. The Russian skirmishers were particularly efficient.

Cuirassiers!!!!

The rest will follow soon!!!!!
I hope you will enjoy the pics!
Jeff

Jeffski wrote:French heavies charge the Prussians!

Blucher had a drink too many, takes command of the nearest unit (a brigade of Russian cavalry) and charges at the nearest French unit

The attack on the French right is well under way and routs a battalion of Prussian line

The Belgian connection. Didier and Will look happy with how things are going.

Cuirassiers meet Uhlans and Hussars...and get a draw...pathetic!

Two regiments of Carabiniers follow the Cuirassiers

Austrians...fousands' of them meet the Poles

The dreaded Prussian battery (WDP's) that sent a whole brigade of French cavalry packing, their commander, Ney, fled the field and was disgraced. No French troops dared walking past the line of fire of that battery for the rest of the game.

Jeffski's French squares repulse Blucher's attack

The Saxons...who had not defected...yet.

Daryl's Polish Lancers charging a Russian square...after having failed their morale test in the previous turn...when the Russian column was presenting its flank...

As promised. Ney shot first thing in the morning for fleeing the battlefield

Colonel Saunders, who had been captured during the ferocius fight for the village on the French right

Jeffski leading his attack on the French right...still using centimeters though...moron!
Jeff
Lieutenant

Re: Leipzig refight at RTB's back in June 2013

Postby Jeff » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:36 pm

I spent a lot of time getting this report together...I wanted it back!!!!
Jeff
Lieutenant

Postby Greystreak » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:49 pm

A great old thread, well revived! :shock: :D
Bryce
Greystreak
Llama Corporal
Llama Corporal

Postby rtb » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:36 am

Errr.........I know its Dr Who 50 yrs and all that but time travel? I am sure I was there.............until the Belgians hit the so-called beer before noon.

You'll all be glad to know that the tomato plants are still growing and producing fruit..........in November................
rtb
Private
Private

Postby Jeff » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:02 pm

I thought we had started with the Burgundy?
Jeff
Lieutenant

Postby rtb » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:13 am

We started on that alien rocket fuel you call beer. I wimped out and went on Burgundy; you decided my pallet was ok so decided to join me. You liked the white (£25 a bottle!!!) was especially nice.
rtb
Private
Private

Return to Gallery