Photobucket

Pirate Fun (Rules Added)

Game Reports and Reviews

Pirate Fun (Rules Added)

Postby Mick A » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:18 am

We had our annual International Talk Like A Pirate Day pirate bash at the local club last night. Four of us playing with fifty two ships on the table at the start, by the end only three were left capable of movement... :)

The seascape is the cloth from GW's Dreadfleet, the ships are those plastic snap together pirate ones and the rules were my own half a page ones.
Last edited by Mick A on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick A
Regimental Goat
Regimental Goat

Re: Pirate Fun

Postby wookiee » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:39 pm

What rules are you using Mick ?
I have a ton of the plastic ships gathering dust and quite fancy pulling them out for a game.
Rowr ahragh awf ahraroww rowh rohngr grgrff rf rf.
wookiee
Private
Private

Re: Pirate Fun

Postby Peewee » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:31 pm

A mates got the game with those pop-up ships. They look rather good en masse I must say.
Peewee
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Pirate Fun (Rules Added)

Postby Mick A » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:55 am

The rules-

(Please note, these rules are not meant to be in anyway realistic, they are written so that a group of friends can put a load of ships on a table and have a good fun game for an hour or so :) )

INITIATIVE

Both sides roll 1d6 to see who gets initiative for the turn (in the case of a draw the side that lost the initiative last turn wins).

MOVEMENT

All ships may move up to 6". Ships may make as many 45° degree turns during their movement equal to six minus the amount of their starting masts (ie a two masted ship can make up to four 45° turns during its movement).

FIRING

All ships may fire up to 6" in any direction and may split fire between a maximum of two targets. A ship needs to be able to see at least 50% of its intended target to be able to fire upon it. A ship rolls an amount of d6 equal to its remaining masts to hit the enemy. The target number is the range to the enemy ship (ie if a ship with three masts left was firing at a ship between 4 and 5 inches away it would roll 3d6 needing 4+ to hit). No matter how close you are to an enemy ship you always need a minimum of 2+ to hit. Each hit causes the target ship to lose a mast (I use little cotton wool puffs of smoke rather than take a mast off due to the fragility of the masts). For each mast lost a ship loses 1d6 to hit other ships. A ship with no masts left becomes a motionless hulk and can be sunk be receiving one more hit.

OPTIONAL RULES

Each fleet (or squadron in multiplayer games) may have a single command ship that may perform on extra 45° turn during its movement and roll one extra d6 during firing as long as it has at least one mast left.

Ships that have lost half or more of their masts reduce their maximum move to 3" and may only perform one 45° turn.

THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE

Anyone taking these rules to seriously should be heckled and jeered at by the other players until they start to play in the spirit of the game- For Fun!
Mick A
Regimental Goat
Regimental Goat

Re: Pirate Fun (Rules Added)

Postby Von Richter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:31 am

<hype> Where can I get some plastic ships!!!??? <hype>
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"
Von Richter
Company Sergeant
Company Sergeant

Return to Reports