Photobucket

Wish

General Wargaming Discussion

Wish

Postby gaz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:48 am

Has anyone ever bought anything from the Wish website? https://www.wish.com/
A search for "Warhammer" brings up various dice, brushes, flock, model trees and other generic modelling stuff. Some of the stuff they are literally giving away for free, which makes me suspect that the quality of the goods may leave a lot to be desired....
Anyway, curiosity has got the better of me and I have ordered some dice and a few model trees. I'll let you know how crap they are when they arrive, probably in about 6 months time.
gaz
Private
Private

Re: Wish

Postby gaz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:41 am

Perhaps we should limit the discussion to gaming related stuff. There are a lot of VERY strange concoctions for sale on Wish :P
gaz
Private
Private

Postby Etranger » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:43 am

Not one I'm particularly familiar with but I think the wife has bought some tat off the site. Like with most such sites there will be the odd bargain & the odd rip off.

The plastic trees, scenics etc that come from China are dirt cheap anyway so they are probably competitively priced. I'd be wary of brushes as that's one area where quality is important, & that's usually a function of price.
"Just an excitable boy..."
Etranger
Major

Postby olicana » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:16 pm

Etranger wrote: I'd be wary of brushes as that's one area where quality is important, & that's usually a function of price.

Usually true but, I find the equation more complicated. I've been using 'Artmaster Pearl Series' brushes for years to pretty good effect. The smaller brushes are only £1.50 each and two of them give the service of one 'expensive' brush three times the price. Saving a third on brush price is quite a saving when you paint full time for a living and go through several every week. When painting less often, sometimes an overall picture of the actual price to quality ratio isn't that easy to determine - though I accept that loyalty to a trusted quality brand is hard to shake.
My whoring and daubing: http://olicanalad.blogspot.co.uk/
olicana
Company Sergeant
Company Sergeant

Return to Wargaming