Photobucket

Arquebusier Magazine Vol 35, 4

General Wargaming Discussion

Arquebusier Magazine Vol 35, 4

Postby hwiccee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:13 pm

The latest issue of the Pike and Shot society magazine has arrived, another top quality edition.

This edition features the announcement of the Bill Braham Memorial essay competition. Bill was a feature of the UK gaming scene who sadly passed away last year. The essay competition should be a fitting tribute to Bill. As is a fascinating article on what 16th century Landsknechts actually looked like by Bill and edited after his death. This article includes a number of beautiful colour period plates.

Two articles cover aspects of the English Civil War. A look at Parliamentarian hand ‘grandoes’ and an analysis of the Edgehill battlefield. Other articles look at the Praslin French cavalry regiment in the Thirty Years War and a history of Gunpowder up to the 17th century. Finally there is a large article on the two armies involved in Glorious Revolution of 1688. This includes detailed description of the armies and a ‘what if’ scenario for if this ‘bloodless revolution’ had led to a battle on Salisbury Plain.

Overall another great edition of this magazine available from here - [url]http://www.pikeandshotsociety.org/
[/url]
hwiccee
Private
Private

Re: Arquebusier Magazine Vol 35, 4

Postby Stavka » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Didn't even know there was a Pike and Shot magazine out there!

Thanks for posting this; I'll be looking into it.
"So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly arise and make them miserable."
-Aldous Huxley

http://serreslesrangs.blogspot.jp
Stavka
Llama Corporal
Llama Corporal

Re: Arquebusier Magazine Vol 35, 4

Postby Ronan the Librarian » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:51 pm

I have subscribed to it in the past (and, regrettably, let my sub lapse) and can thoroughly recommend it.
Ronan the Librarian
Major

Return to Wargaming