Photobucket

FIASCO 2017 - Zorndorf tempts fate

General Wargaming Discussion

FIASCO 2017 - Zorndorf tempts fate

Postby olicana » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:00 pm

A trip to The Venue Formerly Known As Saville's is upon us again. This year the Ilkley Lads are taking Zorndorf 1758.

It has been some time since this game hit the road. Everyone should know, by now, that this game is cursed. The last time I took this game out I was blacklisted by The Show Formerly Known As Triples. I had a bad time of it and after being banned and (unsuccessfully) blacklisted, look what happened to their revenue the following year. :sniper1:

However, to deflect the ill portents, omens, evil spirits, and the general heebie-jeebies associated with me putting on this game, this time we will use Warlord's Black Powder rules (suitably amended) and there will be no basement bargain sales of unwanted shiny stuff conducted from the table. :smile2:

If you want to drop by for a word with me, just ask one of the Lads and they'll point you to the end of the table you'll find me under, bound, gagged and reeking of garlic. :twisted:
My whoring and daubing: http://olicanalad.blogspot.co.uk/
olicana
Company Sergeant
Company Sergeant

Re: FIASCO 2017 - Zorndorf tempts fate

Postby olicana » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:22 pm

olicana
Company Sergeant
Company Sergeant

Postby Von Richter » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:53 am

I shall be in attendance and available to exorcise the Triples Curse from yer benighted game o' sowjers.

:sick1:
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"
Von Richter
Company Sergeant
Company Sergeant

Postby olicana » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:45 pm

We do need a bit of help, if anyone is interested in pushing a few troops about and rolling some dice for an hour or two, or the whole day (with breaks, of course).

One or two more players, who have played Black Powder before (preferably), to actually play the game, would be very helpful. It wouldn't involve fielding show punters, Graham and I can do that. We lost a player last night (not permanently, you understand, we don't play that rough) so we're down to just the two of us for this show.

PM me or drop me an email at olicanapsatgmail.com if you can help.

Thanks,

James
olicana
Company Sergeant
Company Sergeant

Postby olicana » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Thanks to all that popped by to say hi. I thought it was a good show this year, though as usual it went very quiet after lunch. :D

I'm not exactly sure how the post lunch lull (it happens at most shows) can be reversed - most attendees are shoppers, they want to get in early to get what they want before it sells out, then they are offski. Wargamers have always been a 'selfish' bunch so what would keep them at a show? :?

At Fiasco one year, I waited around to see a saker being fired (by chance, in my smoking days, I provided the lighter to spark the lintstock) but most wargames shows do not provide 'explosive events'. <uzi>

I wonder what would keep 'punters' around after they did their shopping? :roll:

In the States, I hear, things are different because wargamers don't have mates :lol: .
olicana
Company Sergeant
Company Sergeant

Postby Ronan the Librarian » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:19 pm

My own view is that, if I'm going to pay/be fined for going shopping, I'm damn well going to get my moneysworth and talk to as many traders/players/fellow punters, and play in as many participation games, as I can. I usually buy my purchases late on so I don't have to carry them around with me all day; but then I usually pre-order in order to ensure that what I want is there.
Ronan the Librarian
Major

Return to Wargaming