Photobucket

Youtube modelling tips

General Wargaming Discussion

Youtube modelling tips

Postby ochoin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:27 am

Until we recently bought a Smart TV (linked to the internet), I must admit to not bothering much with the many Youtube posts on the modelling aspect of the hobby.
But being able to sit in comfort & watch a big screen has made such viewing fairly compulsive (linked, undoubtedly, to the poor offerings on regular TV).

The presenters of such span the wide spectrum of the hobby. Several seem to be quite strange individuals, more are tedious self-promoters and some programs fairly useless but also amongst some gold is this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN16RxVNrvc

His programs aren't necessarily tied to a single games' system (ie Warhammer), are clear without being monotonous & he seems a decent sort himself.
Although I haven't gamed WW2 for over two years, he had me out making barbed wire on Sunday & I'm going to use his painting tips to paint some unpainted latex bomb craters I bought some years previously.

He's the reason I went out and bought a dremel & I'm slowly re-making my rather poor MDF hills using it & some tips of his.

Anything else I've missed?

donald
ochoin
Second Lieutenant

Re: Youtube modelling tips

Postby paintinglittlesods » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:56 am

I watch his every now and again when I want to make things. I use youtube quite often for certain painting tips but do not usually stay subscribed to any other channel.
paintinglittlesods
Llama Enthusiast
Llama Enthusiast

Re: Youtube modelling tips

Postby ochoin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:25 am

A nice chap from LaWs gave me this fellow:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmD57 ... YBkXqu3Jdw

I've had a quick look & he seems equally worth watching.

donald
ochoin
Second Lieutenant

Return to Wargaming